Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Didn't really sleep last night. In a semi-concious state, tho, I was seeing stuff that I could kinda control. I was kinda flying through scenes at ground level, going through industrial type buildings and out looking at beautiful vistas - everything morphing constantly.
fun
Later, the clock radio fired up & I heard a show on NPR where some Australian psychologists were discussing how memories fade. They used an example of telling an American Indian story to a European and then asking her to retell the story. He explained that the American Indian style of story telling was odd for a European & over time, the European kind of rationalized the story. This made me think of remembering dreams since our dreams tend to not follow laws of logic or linear storytelling. They are easily forgotten, I think, because they are not rational & logical. The longer you go without writing it down, the more you rationalize and "correct" the story.

NPR story here.

No comments:

Post a Comment